Enterprise JavaBeans 3 Development Course
The Enterprise JavaBeans Development course focuses on JEE development using Enterprise JavaBeans version 3. The JEE architecture is discussed. The types, uses and problems of EJBs are discussed. JEE patterns and best practices are presented.
|Duration:||5 days. Courses are presented from 08:30 to 16:30.|
|Cost:||R9,800.00 excluding VAT per delegate.|
|Venue:||The Incus Data Training Venue in Centurion, Pretoria. Courses can also be presented on-site for 5 or more delegates.|
|Dates:||Please check the course schedule for the next available date. You can also contact us at tel: (+27) 12 666 2020 or email us at email@example.com to find out about dates.|
Intended Audience: Is This The Right Course For Me?
Experienced Java programmers and developers who need to develop scalable and robust enterprise applications using EJBs and the JEE environment. This course is ideal for companies and individuals who are already doing JEE development and need more knowledge of the EJB aspects of JEE.
Course Prerequisites: Am I Ready For The Course?
Please ensure you meet the prerequisites for the Enterprise JavaBeans 3 Development Course before you attend the course. Read the importance of course prerequisites to understand why this is necessary.
Course Objectives: What Will I Learn?
Delegates who complete the Enterprise JavaBeans Development course will be able to:
- Understand the various JEE platform technologies.
- Develop entity beans and entity listeners, and deploy them on an application server.
- Develop and deploy session beans.
- Develop and deploy message-driven beans to receive JMS messages.
- Develop and deploy interceptors and use the timer services.
Course Contents: What Does The Course Cover?
- JEE Architecture and API Overview
- JEE application servers. • Servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP). • Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB). • Java Transaction API and Services (JTA and JTS). • RMI and RMI-IIOP. • Java Naming and Directory Interface (JNDI). • Java Message Service (JMS). • Java Database Connectivity (JDBC). • Java Persistence API (JPA). • Java APIs for XML Processing (JAXP) and binding (JAXB). • SOAP and RESTful Web Services. • JAX-RPC, JAX-WS and JAX-RS. • JEE Connector Architecture (JCA). • Java Authentication and Authorization Service (JAAS).
- EJB Overview
- EJBs as the core of a JEE application. • EJB2 versus EJB3. • Plain Java objects (POJOs) and interfaces (POJI). • Java annotations vs XML deployment descriptors.
- EJB Types and Usage.
- Entity beans developed as POJOs. • Stateless, stateful and singleton session beans. • Asynchronous return values. • Exposing session beans as Web services. • Message driven beans. • Timers and the timer service. • EJB lifecyle, callbacks and listeners. • Interceptors. • JNDI Enterprise Naming Context (ENC). • Packaging and deploying EJBs. • Portability issues.
- Entity Beans and Persistence
- JPA Overview. • Entity managers and persistence units. • Managed vs unmanaged entities. • Mapping persistent objects. • Entity relationships and inheritance. • EJB Query Language (QL).
- Overview of Java Transaction API (JTA and JTS). • The ACID principle. • Isolation and database locking. • Programmatic vs declarative transactions. • Exceptions and transactions.
- Messaging with JMS
- Point-to-point versus publish and subscribe messaging. • Queuing mechanisms. • Connection Factories, Connections, Sessions, Destinations. • Message types.
- Patterns and Best Practices
- EJB design in the real world. • JEE Design Patterns. • Best Practices.
Course Testimonials: What Delegates Say About This Course
"Thanks very much. One of the best course experiences ever. I feel well-educated in EJB 3.1 having completed the course and I will be able to use what I have learned in my working environment."
S. Nell, Core Frieght Systems (Lecturer: Lewis)
"Good communication, course lecture was more personal and made it easier to show more interest and better focus."
K. Addison, Core Frieght Systems (Lecturer: Lewis)
"I enjoyed the course thoroughly. It was very good."
R. Potgieter, Core Frieght Systems (Lecturer: Lewis)
"Course was interesting, thought provoking. All concepts were aritculated properly."
S. Mdhluli, Core Frieght Systems (Lecturer: Lewis)
"Course was very good, helped me to gain an excellent theoretical view on EJBs."
J. Martin, Corefreight Systems (Lecturer: Lewis)
"Again this was a relevant and informative course from Incus Data. Thank you Lewis."
A. Joubert, ABSA (Lecturer: Lewis)
"I really enoyed the course. It has been a great source of knowledge."
K. Bloem, ABSA (Lecturer: Lewis)
"Excellent course. Expanded my understanding of Java as a whole."
S. Brande, Standard Bank (Lecturer: Lewis)
"I appreciate the time and dedication given during my time here. My knowledge and confidence has raised exponentially. Thanks."
N. Manuamela, ABSA (Lecturer: Lewis)
"Excellent all my objectives was met. This was a really fun and informative course. It not only covered EJB's but shed light on many other JEE technologies i.e. a big picture view."
H. Gelderblom, ASBA (Lecturer: Lewis)
"This is by far the best course I've ever been to. Lewis is very knowledgable, intelligent, etc. Great work Incusdata you are the best."
S. Buti, SA Reserve Bank (Lecturer: Lewis)
Please fill in this form if you would like us to contact you about your training requirements, or if you would like to be kept informed of dates for the Enterprise JavaBeans 3 Development course.
Fields marked with * are required.
Incus Data does not sell or otherwise distribute email addresses. We will not divulge your personal information to anyone unless specifically authorised by you.
How Do I Book?
After we have received your booking, we will send you a confirmation that you are booked on the course, an invoice and directions to the venue.
Tip: Most PDF readers, other than Adobe Reader, will let you save the form with the data you have entered. If you are using Adobe Reader, however, you might not be able to do this. But don't despair: when you have typed in the information, just print the file to PDF - and you'll have a completed enrolment form ready to email to us.