Spring Development Course
The Spring Development course focuses on the development of applications using the Spring framework. Topics include a Spring Framework overview, Inversion of Control (IoC) and Dependency Injection (DI), Aspect Oriented Programming (AOP), Spring MVC and Web Flow, Data Access (DAO) and transaction management, Object-relational mapping (ORM) with Hibernate and JPA.
|Duration:||4.5 days. Courses are presented from 08:30 to 16:30.|
|Investment:||R9,800.00 excluding VAT per delegate.|
|Venue:||The Incus Data Training Venue in Centurion, Pretoria. Courses can also be presented on-site for 5 or more delegates.|
|Dates:||Please check the course schedule for the next available date. You can also contact us at tel: (+27) 12 666 2020 or email us at email@example.com to find out about dates.|
Please fill in this form if you would like us to contact you about your training requirements, or if you would like to be kept informed of dates for the Spring Development course.
Fields marked with * are required.
Incus Data does not sell or otherwise distribute email addresses. We will not divulge your personal information to anyone unless specifically authorised by you.
Audience: Is This The Right Course For Me?
The Spring Development course is aimed at companies and individuals who are using or planning to use Spring, and require a detailed understanding of the relevant technologies. It is intended for experienced Java programmers who need to understand the Spring architecture.
Prerequisites: Am I Ready For The Course?
Our Java Programming course and at least 1 year of Java programming experience, with knowledge of basic XML.
Please ensure you meet the prerequisites for the Spring Development Course before you attend the course. Read the importance of course prerequisites to understand why this is necessary.
Objectives: What Will I Learn?
Delegates who complete the Spring Development course will be able to:
- Understand the Spring framework and the use of IoC and AOP.
- Integrate into the business layer with Spring DAO, transaction and ORM support.
- Integrate into the web layer of enterprise applications using Spring MVC and Web Flow.
Technical Contents: What Does The Course Cover?
- Spring Framework Overview
- Spring Philosophy.
- Easier Java application development using Spring.
- Decoupling components with Inversion of Control.
- Managing cross-cutting concerns with AOP.
- The Core Container.
- Comparison of the Spring and JEE containers.
- Core Technologies - IoC and AOP
- The IoC container and Dependency Injection.
- Aspect Oriented Programming and AspectJ integration.
- Containers and Beans.
- The BeanFactory - a factory pattern implementation for decoupling.
- Dependency Injection.
- Bean scopes.
- Internationalization (I18N).
- Events propagation.
- Resources and resource loading.
- Application contexts and transparent creation of contexts.
- Validation and data binding.
- Web Development
- Spring MVC as the Model-View-Controller implementation.
- The DispatcherServlet as a "Front Controller" design pattern.
- The Controller interface for handling requests and returning models and views - ModelAndView.
- Handler mappings to map requests to appropriate handlers.
- Interceptors for configurable handler mappings.
- Servlet listeners for IoC container initialization.
- Redirecting and resolving views.
- Exception handling.
- Integrating view technologies - JSP, JSTL, Tiles, XSLT.
- DAO and Transactions
- Spring DAO as a JDBC abstraction layer.
- Programmatic and declarative transaction management.
- Object-relational mapping (ORM).
- Integration layers to external ORM systems.
- Hibernate, JDO and JPA.
- Integration with the JEE Architecture
- Remoting with RMI, Spring HTTP invoker, JAX-RPC and JMS.
- JMS for receiving and sending messages.
- Web service support via JAX-RPC.
- Accessing EJBs.
- Integrating Spring into a JMX infrastructure.
- Email using MailSender.
Testimonials: What Other Delegates Say About This Course
"Definitely got the most out of the course in the time allocated"
D. Samuel, Standard Bank (Lecturer: Lewis)
"Very informative course, it really lived up and more to expectations. The instructor is very knowledgeable about the course. I'm impressed!!"
L. Gulwa, Telkom (Lecturer: Lewis)
"Great introduction to Spring. Lewis as always is a wealth of information. I love coming to Incus Data as it is such a motivating place with friendly and informed people."
K. Chapman, Telkom (Lecturer: Lewis)
"Excellent course. Learned more in 1 course than 1 and 1/2 years work"
D. de Wet, North-West University (Lecturer: Lewis)
"Really interesting. Have learnt a lot. Very impresed by knowledge that Lewis has"
L. Broke-Smith, OpenCollab (Lecturer: Lewis)
"Very useful. Learned a lot. Very happy with level of detail covered."
D. Cronje, OpenCollab (Lecturer: Lewis)
"Lewis demonstrated good technical depth and covered a broad range of topics, related to Spring. I especially gained from the way he related the couse material to real-world experience and application."
S. Kika, Discovery Health (Lecturer: Lewis)
L. Mankoe, Unisa (Lecturer: Lewis)
How Do I Book?
After we have received your booking, we will send you a confirmation that you are booked on the course, an invoice and directions to the venue.
Tip: Most PDF readers, other than Adobe Reader, will let you save the form with the data you have entered. If you are using Adobe Reader, however, you might not be able to do this. But don't despair: when you have typed in the information, just print the file to PDF - and you'll have a completed enrolment form ready to email to us.